In My Handicap Era - Day 1

Not having an alarm every morning now is so weird...when Matt's off work, there isn't an alarm to wake me since I'm doomed to work from home until my hip heals. So if I'm working from home, and not running early in the morning before work, all I can do is sleep through these powerful steriods until my body decides it's ready to get up. I do not like how this feels. I thought I would be reading more with all this extra time but I'm not there mentally yet. I was working on some good psych books before I got hurt, but I don't have the heart to learn anything new right now. I got a new fictional book series that I'm packing to take on the ship but I'm hoping the 7 hour flight from Chicago to Anchorage will just be filled with sleep. I can definitely read on the ship. IDK, I'm just trying to keep my mind engaged and stay busy and setting short term goals. Trying to think positively and productively on this rainy day at home in my wheel chair. Here are today's health updates:

1. The dull pressure of standing on my broken bone started to subside today. Very positive. I'm on steriods and ingesting some powerful calcium and bone building supplements and I seriously hope it's working!

2. I'm way hungrier than I thought I'd be with not being active. I did actually do an one legged upper body workout this morning from my left set of crutches because I simply had to move and feel some muscle burn!But I'm keeping my body fueled with protein.

3. I can't believe how thirsty I am. I seriously can't get enough to eat/drink. So weird

4. I slept 9.5 hours last night and today I took a 2 hour nap....and I could really go to bed right now without any issue.

5. I have enormous blood blisters under my armpits from my crutches. Absolutely no pictures of that lol but they're next level.

My orthopedic doctor pulled some strings and I get to have my Physical Therapy consult in the morning promptly at 7! I'm very excited to know what the plan of action is as far as what all I'll be allowed to do physically and on timelines and such. Dr. Moreno did tell me on Saturday that I will be allowed to do some walking exercise and seated weight lifting exercises on the cruise ship so ..... Sunday can't get here fast enough! lol I can't wait to check out that gym on the ship.

Footage of poor Mavs not having it during these afternoon thunderstorms but being such a sweet companion during my period of injury.
I seriously need to prioritize my packing list for Alaska, I can't believe Dr. Montero gave me the green light to travel right now but as he said, if you're going to be laid up recovering it may as well be on a cruise ship to Alaska. I'm strangely dreading this trip but hopefully it helps make some of these 7 inactive weeks go by faster...

Smile, Romans 8:18

xoxoxox

Comments

Popular Posts