In My Handicap Era - Monday and Tuesday Travel Recap

Monday - Today I woke up feeling more progress on my hip! I can officially walk without feeling any pain and pressure as long as I use good posture. We’re out at sea today and it’s making the ship very rocky, so I’m still leaning on my crutches for support. Even though I’m making hopeful progress, I’m still going to overuse the crutches as support to give my injury everything it needs and then some. I’m feeling better about body image today after I made some better food choices yesterday and will continue to follow suite the rest of the week as I’m able to also get more active.

We went to the gym for a while this morning and it was surprisingly crowded. I didn’t get to do much anyway because I don’t want to handle weights when the ship isn’t balanced. Recipe for disaster if you ask me lol still did some work on the machines and had a healthy egg, berries and coffee/milk breakfast. I spent the post breakfast part of the morning in the spa on the hot beds with Matt and of course we dipped in the hot tub afterward. Lunch consisted of two fully loaded spinach salads with turkey and honestly too much dressing. You can’t fix things yourself at the salad bars and the workers on the ship dip everything for you so I guess they assume that Americans like things drenched in ranch….they’re not wrong lol but oh well, I got at least two servings of spinach in me and that’s good nutrition! Matt got me some Asian bulgogi for my protein and naturally I had a coffee with tons of milk to finish it off. After we did a big lunch, we hobbled around the ship a bit to settle the digestion and went back to the room to take a really awesome nap while we watched part of the RNC. After we got up, me, Matt and his mom went to tea and honestly, I could do a nap with afternoon tea and pastries every day lol

After a light dinner we all went to a dance show called The Humanity and it was really good. Matt didn’t enjoy it so much because he said he felt like he was at one of his sisters many past dance recitals lol I still loved watching the performances and this show didn’t stop until probably 8:30 Alaska time.

Tuesday- I can’t tell if I did too much yesterday based on how I’m feeling today. Nothing feels worse, but no progress updates which I know I know, it’s only been two weeks and I need to be patient but still…I miss running so much. I couldn’t help but tear up a bit seeing a few people running on the 3rd deck while I was sipping coffee and it reminded me that I won’t be starting my days for a long time in the way that some of our cruise neighbors were. This still hurts a lot, and my progress while I’m celebrating these little milestones, scare me because I’m afraid to hope.

After an Americana and fruit tart we went to the gym. I was able to do a one legged (for balance and not putting any weight to my bad side) upper body routine with dumbbells. I’m walking with a cane today because my under arms are really hurting and getting pretty chafed. We’ll be leaving the ship tomorrow for a shore excursion and will definitely need the crutches then so I’m giving my arms, underarms and hands for that matter, a day off so I can utilize them again tomorrow when I’ll really need to.

Matt can tell I’m stressed with all the extra upper body work and pain my underarms are having to go through with these crutches so he got me a massage and pedi package to use this week and wow….may never be able to get another massage at Massage Heights ever again lol

Got cleaned up, dressed up and out for a fancier dinner which was a little embarrassing only because I’m carrying a cane and wearing very unflattering flats lol oh well, a wonderful night of steak and lobster and an early bed before the Wednesday excursion.

Comments

Popular Posts