In My Handicap Era - Ketchikan

So much for staying on my crutches all week lol I’m officially walking without my cane, but I’m still bringing it along with me during our excursions and walks on the boat, just to be safe. I’m enjoying my newfound freedom, but I’m still afraid of pushing it too far and setting myself back on all of my hard earned progress. It’s also come to my attention for probably the third time this morning, that I’ve made a little bit of a reputation for myself here on the ship. It’s been very eye-opening to me, just how kind perfect strangers are when they have seen me walking or hobbling rather, on my crutches. It has somewhat reinstated my faith in humanity that there are still kind of people around us. Some of the looks and stares that I get walking around in crutches or a cane, sometimes have made me uncomfortable.. I had an older couple encounter me in the elevator this morning, saying that they have “seen me all over this ship” lol and of course inquired as to the nature of my injury. I’m starting to look forward to being home but I’m going to miss the lack of work stress and the trips to the thermal spa everyday.

We’re in Ketchikan until 6:30 Alaskan time and will be enroute to Vancouver all day tomorrow. We got to walk around outside today and enjoyed the exceptional long walk that this stop had to offer. This port was mainly tourist shops and jewelry stores. Honestly, in all of our ports we’ve noticed there are tons of jewelry shops and I can’t understand how they stay in business year round when most of these cruise liners don’t bring in tourist crowds outside of the April-September months. It was fun to just window shop and look at all the sparkle. I’m definitely not a jewelry/fashion gal, but I sure love to window shop while I scratch my head wondering how many carats the rings are and how much they’re worth. The ring pictured below marked for sale reminds me of my wedding set, minus a band, and if the solitaire diamond ate a bunch of steroids lol so incredibly stunning but I don’t think I could ever feel safe wearing something that size in public!

We got some souvenirs for my nephews and parents and enjoyed a very chill afternoon on the ship and I got to enjoy some time at one of the coffee shops just reading one of the books I brought with me. I’m pleasantly surprised that I haven’t had more time to read. There’s been plenty to do while healing and vacationing.

Dinner was very low key and I didn’t even dress up lol it’s not a hair wash day and I was tired from an afternoon nap so there was very minimal effort applied to tonight’s attire.

One final day at sea tomorrow before we make port at our final destination in Vancouver Canada!

Comments

Popular Posts