So Long Summer Series - One Thing I Would Never Change About Myself

Whew, already Friday Eve ! Seems like the work week leading into a three day weekend inches by at a snails pace! This three day weekend needs to hurry up so I can work on a new book I just got yesterday via Amazon. Stephen King even gave this one a great review so I can’t wait to dive in!
Matt was off today so we enjoyed a morning coffee date at Black Rifle this morning as soon as they opened. This has easily become our favorite spot where we can just sip coffee as first customers of the day. Nobody else is at the shop at 5 am so we rather enjoy ourselves by the fireplace before we part ways for the rest of the day. Matt had his long run after we got coffee and I spent an hour on the stairmaster today, BRCC iced coffee with me lol. So thankful that I’m even saying that and able to stay on it that long!
I’ve enjoyed another wfh day in the new upstairs home office and love the separation from the first floor and window view up here. It’s been a pretty easy going week as far as work goes which is ….suspicious lol but I’m not going to complain since this doesn’t happen often. I spent some time this morning working on a professional development book and a few PowerPoints for some presentations I’m heading up in the next few weeks. During my lunch hour, I got the chance to sneak away to get Jeremiah's with my nephew for his birthday He is in his first week of VPK and totally loving it! He wanted his own ice cream, and naturally some of mine so who was I to say no lol
After work I went to the downstairs gym to do some physical therapy exercises then cooked a healthy dinner before we enjoyed a family walk in the neighborhood. It’s still hot out but you can definitely start to feel a change in temperature! Mavs can tell too and of course just loves being able to go on "walkies" any chance he gets. I even got a few miles in for the whole heck of it.
Let’s answer today’s question! I’m an optimist and I think that’s not just my unique character trait, but something I wouldn’t want to change. I think overall I’m a happier person because I focus more on the good things in life and in people. I think this bleeds into my leadership success too since I focus more on the good in people and their potential. I’m a positive reinforcer and I genuinely believe that people can aim higher, do better and more than what they think they believe they can do. Now my positivity isn’t to say that I’m not often times my loudest critic, but I do still try to give more focus to the positive than negative.

New merch drops on my Etsy page this coming Sunday! My holiday weekend is going to consist of not only, lots of reading, but lots of crafting as well! I've been working on some things with clay and also some really cute stackable bracelets that I can't wait to share.

Comments

Popular Posts