A weekend recap!

The weekend was fabulous! I honestly didn't do too much outside of my cousins baby shower which pretty much took the entire day. I rode with Robin and Ashley and afterward Ashley and I went to a friends house and had some WhiteClaw by the pool. So sad summer is coming to a close but legit excited that another week of broken bone recovery is behind me and my MRI is just a few days away. I'm proud of two things thus far: 1.) I haven't starved myself at all during this recovery period 2.) I've become very creative in how I ensure a good calorie burn and 3.) I'm consuming the daily recommended on everything the doc said I needed to consume plus, I'm eating a daily protein amount that's appropriate for my body weight. Go me!

It's not been easy, especially since I've put on a few pounds but I'm mentally giving myself grace not just physically but in my heart as well. I'm pleasantly surprised to be gaining so much muscle in my upper body so I do believe I will be posting a before and after before too long. I do remember specifically on maybe the 3rd or 4th day of my handicap journey that I wanted to see just how much muscular fitness I could achieve in the many weeks ahead of me. I snapped a bathroom pic and need to do a follow up just to see the progress. Right now, everything I wear still fits perfectly with just a slight change in snugness, but I did see a dramatic change in one of the baby shower pictures from Saturday. Truly, being "bigger" is a hard idea for me to digest seeing as I do have my hardcore food aversions and body dysmorphia, but maybe it's just a little bit exciting that I'm getting stronger and a tad bit "buff" in the arms? At least my hair and makeup looked great that day and my new lash set was on point!
On Sunday, I pretty much just deep cleaned and kept working on Haunting Adeline. At least until lunch time when I felt the urge to break out the crafting supplies! All I need for this little handmade bookmark is some ribbon, and maybe next time use an actual shaped cutter that I don't have yet lol I wanted to create something in theme with the book and since I only had maybe an hour to throw this together, I made it into a short square. Down the road I have plans to put some polymar book markers on my Etsy storefront and will include things made with vinework like this one. I also started on a few bracelet stacks but didn't finish them before beginning dinner. This week will be super busy but I want to squeeze in some creativity time in the after hour space this week but we shall see!
Daycare Dilema Part 4 is on the way! Stay tuned and thanks for spending part of your Monday with me!

Comments

Popular Posts