In My Handicap Era - Weekend Recap

Welcome to another installment of in my handicap era. We have reached the finish line of week six, and I have to say, I really had a hard time this weekend with race FOMO. I was honestly not expecting for that to happen either but it’s official, I not only miss running but I terribly miss racing. Probably the reason for this was, over the weekend ,1st Place Sports hosted their annual Tour de Pain. I think I already talked about that earlier this week, but it just made it harder to sit at home knowing that one of my favorite local races was taking place. I also got up early to watch the women’s Olympic marathon and probably shouldn’t have done that lol

I had my monthly follow up with my ortho doctor this week which went ok. I am on track and where I need to be but I’m very impatient. Same restrictions still apply because the goal is not for me to simply recover, the goal is for me to be able to run again. We discussed that the next steps in my rehabilitation will be determined after I get another MRI this month so I’m really happy to have another milestone to look forward to in about two weeks! Anxious to get a visual on the progress I’ve made and what influence it will have on my next phase of recovery.

Even with my restrictions, I’m still allowed to go to the gym and work on machine weights. So today, that’s where I spent my Sunday morning in lieu of my usual run/walk outside. And to make the morning gym session even better, I now have Matt on my gym membership! His running coach gave him lots of incline running for the next few months and he needed access to the treadmills at Achieve so looks like I’ll be able to have a gym buddy! He spent all his time running at an incline today while I worked the upper body. Before we went to Achieve though, we had to stop for some early morning Java at Black Rifle!
Fiction books are fantastic for when you need an escape from reality. This book right here has been one that I’ve had a really hard time getting into, but as of this week after reading somebody’s review about it online, I have picked it back up with a renewed interest. I did already purchase another book series… My toxic trait is buying and hoarding books, but I always feel bad not finishing one book before starting another. So here I am giving it another shot lol so far I have to say it’s good. It definitely took a while to pick up but it's great when you give it time.
Maverick also says that rainy Sundays are exausting~

Comments

Popular Posts