Salt Air…

and the rust on your door.

I'm a Swiftie, I had to lol

Its finally August ....and you may have also noticed the new theme to the page! I've been back to blogging for many months now so why not give the page a little lift. Not sure how I feel about the default photo but idk, maybe it'll grow on me after a while until I feel like updating it.

Now that it's August, I should be halfway through my hip break/muscle tearing recovery. Sunday will be 5 weeks since my injury and I see Dr. Montero next Saturday and I'm hoping I've made good progress and he'll give me some hope to start resuming normal activity after te next few weeks. So now THIS month, really needs to move fast lol I never thought I would see the day where just walking was considered cardio. This sucks lol but I'm happy to at least be able to do this much at this point. I did enjoy some slow, short stepped walking at the gym this morning and found it quite nice. I might go back later for some machine work too but idk just yet.

I didn't feel like blogging yesterday because, I've officially broken up with the Chicago Marathon. It became official yesterday. Matt cancelled our flights and hotel shortly before I logged in for work and truly, it was surreal. This past month just felt like having a literal 'break' from a relationship I really wanted to work, but it was the dream of running my first Abbott this year. However, after a lot of better mindset thinking, I don't even think jogging the race would do me any good and I may just injure myself all over again. After all this inactivity, I'm not eager to sign up for more downtime. I need to fully heal and set myself up for a different date, at a different race. Matt isn't running with out me either and my gosh, he is the sweetest man in the whole universe for not only taking such good care of me physically but for being by my side while my heart broke this month. Nobody gets my run obsession like him and he isn't going to do this race without me when he knows how much it meant to me. He has held me so much this month not just when I was in pain with my injury but when I needed to just cry. Idk how I could do life without him lol I told him to go and I would stay home but, he's getting to learn a bit from my situation and is actually taking time off from running so much and doing some PT. Last year, he didn't take very much time off from his marathon and did something to his knee (that man refuses to see a doctor lol) so he's trying to avoid getting hurt again like last year. He's also consulting with a coach/trainer to provide some guidance to the quality of his training as well and maybe, 2025 will have something better on the books for us both.

I guess I do need a walk afterall. I do my best blogging when I'm walking so time to go finish up Part 2!

I'm working from home today and went and had some botox on my lunch break to cheer myself up and I'm getting a really nice headache ... I also had a really great at home self tanning session yesterday that seems to be holding up really well so ya know, it's the small things. Have to celebrate the little things right now.

Peep some new skincare and mani I got last weekend and forgot to post lol

Comments

Popular Posts