So Long Summer Series - What are my core values?

Happy Friday! The day started out at physical therapy and my PT kicked my butt with some core and leg work. I have more exercises to incorporate into my daily routine and I'm making progress in my strength training. I did hit a little snag this week and we identified what my current "limits" are. I went walking on Labor Day after spending an hour on the StairMaster, the following morning I spent another hour on the StairMaster and at lunchtime, my fracture site started throbbing. We confirmed that since the pain stopped in just a few hours that I have not re-injured myself, but he said I have to listen to my body right now and recognize that I probably did too much activity this past week and don't need to push beyond that right now. I've been sentenced to two weeks of no walking for exercise lol but if I'm still feeling good to do the StairMaster, to go right ahead. So I have, and actually started my day at the gym by putting in a good 50 minutes of climbing before heading to do my physical therapy. I'm working from home today and love having the perk of being able to cook a hot breakfast and focus on my protein intake. Let's go ahead and cover todays topic before some more recapping!

Honesty, humility, and forgiveness are essential core values that greatly impact both my personal and professional life. In my personal life, honesty builds trust and strengthens relationships. You can't have a solid relationship without it. Being honest with myself and others, I can create a safe and open environment where communication flows freely. Being humble allows for self-reflection, growth, and learning from mistakes. It fosters empathy and understanding towards others, leading to deeper connections and meaningful interactions. Forgiveness plays a crucial role in personal relationships as well by promoting healing, letting go of grudges, and moving forward with positivity. Which can be.....very hard to fostser sometimes lol In my professional life, honesty is key to building a reputation of integrity and reliability. It establishes trust with colleagues, physicians and patients and transcends into leading successful collaborations and partnerships. Humility in the workplace promotes teamwork, respect, and a willingness to learn from others. It creates a culture of continuous improvement and innovation. Forgiveness in a professional setting allows for resolving conflicts, moving past misunderstandings, and maintaining a positive work environment. It promotes a culture of accountability and growth and reinforces both integrity and humility By embracing honesty, humility, and forgiveness as my core values in both personal and professional life, I can aim to cultivate strong relationships, foster growth and learning, and create a positive and supportive environment for myself and and those around me. What are some core values you all have?

Other updates, I had to delete the DinksOnTheRun Instagram when I realized the email I was using was a student email that I no longer have access to! I'll get this back up and running hopefully by the beginning of October! I've got some podcast footage and a few reel drafts I can't wait to share!

We had a family dinner last night with my parents, my brother and his wife and Matt was able to drive straight to Bryceville as soon as he got off work. My family doesn't get together often but when we do, we have SUCH a good time. It's like medicine getting to see everyone together....even if my mom takes horrible pictures lol and yes, I'm sitting on an orthopedic cushion until I'm fully healed! Also as you can see...my brother and I both share a mutual disinterest in candid photos...
So happy that it's Friday! I'm going to get a spray tan after work because well....I want to lol cheers to the weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts