So Long Summer Series - Love Languages!

Oh my stars.....this weather is actually depressing. I'm not one to ever get really down for no real reason, but all of this no sunshine, all clouds and rain is enough to make anyone feel blue. I'm ready for the sunshine state to return to being sunshiny! The last couple of days have been nuts here at work. I'm working my ass off to plan a Holiday Gathering for the entire department of research.....350+ staff, physicians, med students, RTP's, fellow's, scientists and ALL of leadership....whew...no pressure. But I'm loving this, I love to plan and find it to be a lot of fun. I've been given an unlimited budget so I'm going to turn one of our auditoriums into a winter wonderland equipped with a snow machine, games, catered buffet style dining and fun photobooths! The stage in the auditorium will be decorated with a Christmas tree, snowman and fake Christmas gifts to take pictures under a projector screen that shows snowfall while playing Christmas music. This is going to be lit!

Let's answer today's question before we get too far off topic! How about we go over the Five Love Languages and I'll explain what my language is, and why the other 4 are absolutely not my language lol My love language is quality time, that's not complicated. Time is money and you can't get it back, so if Matt spends quality time with me, it means far more than anything else he could ever do. Every night (as long as he's off the next day) our favorite evening activity is to sit on the couch and watch tv. Seems extremely small, but it's my favorite. Quality time also equates to experiences. I would much rather spend my money on taking us places and doing things together that are unforgettable. Designer bags and repurposed jewlery will eventually fade away, get lost and damaged but memories, pictures and experiences will stay with you for a lifetime.

Gifts, not my thing at all. I'm not materialistic and Matt knows it lol he's tried to buy me stuff in the past especially when we were dating but none of that impresses me. I'm at the point in my life where if I wanted something with a big price tag, I could go and get it myself. The only things I like to spend my money are really can't be gifted either. Kind of hard to gift wrap some botox and filler lol

I'm also definitely not an act of kindness person, if I want something done I can do it myself and frankly, I feel like I've burdened someone if they do something on my behalf. I also don't like feeling like I owe someone after they do me a "favor" lol. Although, I will make exceptions for when Matt does the dishes/laundry lol I have a certain way of doing things, and largely prefer doing house tasks myself but Matt can do them just as well and I'll make exceptions for when he wants to help out around the house lol

Words of affirmation....can kicks rocks because I have a pet peeve with insincerity or fake words for flattery. I've learned to praise myself enough and I don't need anyone blowing smoke up my arse. Matt will of course get a pass with his compliments. But he knows I don't like them thrown around like confetti, say it only when you really mean it is my flow.

Physical touch.....absolutely the fuck not lol sorry! I don't like being touched, I'm NOT a hugger and I only make exceptions for the obvious.

In other news, poor Mavs had to have a grooming yesterday with a new groomer who cut him too short.....my poor little gremlin baby! More tomorrow you guys, happy Friday-Eve!

Comments

Popular Posts