So long summer series - In what ways am I holding myself back from my own goals?

It's supposed to be rainy and dreary until at least next Friday.....wow, I'm about three raindrops away from building an Arc. This is actually nuts. I'm was home yesterday because I had painters working literally everywhere except for my upstairs room. The room that Im sitting in....is mine lol this is the Carolyne space, my work space, library and separation from the rest of the house. But we're in home reno mode suddenly and have started on some projects with painting being first on the list. I will be honest when I say, the domestic space is not where I flourish. As long as the office and home gym in the garage are assembled, everything else is just details. But alas, we've owned this home for now three full years and it's high time to put some things into motion. Pictures to follow in future blogs!

Matt’s on a several day work cycle again with 12+ hour shifts so it’s just me, the Mavs, crafting and books to keep me occupied. I have actually made a lot of stuff this weekend already and I’m hoping that tomorrow as long as I have some sunlight for photography, I will be able to FINALLY get my Etsy updated. It’s been dark all afternoon and Mavs….was not happy about it. My poor boy, he hates thunder!
Alright let’s actually get deep today! The self limiting mindset of thinking that I have a "time limit" to accomplish the things I want to accomplish in life. I've been able to start coming to the realization that time is on my side, I'm still young and I still have time to keep chasing my dreams no matter the hiccups. I have never been one to let my age bother me and that’s definitely not about to start, but I have been coming to the realization lately that my next birthday will be putting me in my mid 30s, which is like… Crazy. The truth is, when you’re in your 20s, life is still filled with mystery and anticipation of the future. In this decade of life, so much has been figured out, that things begin to almost look boring, I guess? But honestly, if there’s one thing that this injury taught me, is that life does continue to happen and that there is still so much good in this world despite the things that make us sad, break our hearts, and bring us down. I’m only 33, and have so much left to offer to the world and I can’t wait another second to do more!

Well would you look at that? The sun decided to come out for just a little bit today and allowed me to see my autumn decor look so nice by the staircase!
Also, please go try this amazing and easy chicken recipe that Matt absolutely loved! https://pin.it/5roipS6UV

Comments

Popular Posts