Are we out of the woods? -Carolynes Version

I'm just going to start this one off by saying that I've cried so many happy tears this morning! Today was my follow up with my orthopedic doctor and long story short, the doc thinks I'm healed up based on the timeline of things and is starting me in the runner rehab program at Mayo beginning October 3rd!

So what is runner rehab? It's essentially what it sounds like lol. I'll be doing altered running after a full mechanical assessment to see if my body mechanics are setting me up for failure, if I need to fix my form etc. From there, I'll get to run on something that looks like this thing.
It's an anti-gravity treadmill and can only be used in rehab facilities. It will allow me to do some running exercises with only 50% of my body weight and I'll be doing this a few times a week in the rehab facility. Once I get my running assessment, they will determine for how long I need to work with them which could be a good 4-6 weeks.

So as of today, we're realistically looking at me getting back to road running by mid-November if I continue to be patient lol but omg, I was given an actual TIMELINE today which is what my brain and heart needed SO much! Milestones in the past few weeks have been: No pain when I walk (still hold off on walking for exercise until I finish rehab) I am the StairMaster Queen (I can get in such a good calorie burn when I'm on this thing and I'm so thankful to be able to get the work in here!) Weighted squats with medicine ball (started doing that this week with physical therapy and I'm actually feeling sore from working out!)

Please excuse my double chin here, but I had to get a picture of my face when the doc said I could start on the anti-gravity treadmill in October! Also don't worry I'm getting my hair done next weekend and won't have to see these horrible split ends for much longer lol
Chipotle on the way home to celebrate and working from the home office the rest of the day!

Comments

Popular Posts