Hello Fall Series - Five Things I cannot live without

Happy happy Friday! Can't believe we made it, but it's here! Thanks for being patient with me not posting anything yesterday. I'm still putting shorter updates on my 'Thoughts and Things' for when I want to drop an update on life without necessarily posting an entire topic. Think of it as a Blogger version of Twitter lol and I'm definitely not active on Threads so..... anyhew.

What's everyone doing this weekend? I personally am dedicating some time to house cleaning. I have been boxing up a lot of old clothes and bags for donation so Goodwill is going to see a lot of me this weekend. Matt's also going to be off so that will definitely mean that I won't have to cook for at least one meal lol

Five Things I Cannot Live Without

1. Obviously my salvation! I live because He lives in me! And honestly, these past three months have been emotionally the hardest of my life but I grew so close to God. He's spoken so clearly to me in songs on the radio, my heart and through people in my life. I hate that I missed Chicago but I've learned a lot through my mini-tragedy and don't know how people who don't know Jesus can navigate the troubles of life alone.

2. The hubs comes right up next! There will never be enough room in one singular blog to talk about all the ways I love this man. In the past 11 years, my love for that man has evolved and I find new ways and reasons to love him with each passing year. He's truly one of God's greatest blessings in my life and it's really cool how we're so similar. I always wanted a marriage like my parents modeled in front of me growing up and I know I was blessed with all of the good qualities of mom and dads marriage and then some.

3. Mavs lol. Cannot forget my fuzzy baby! I wanted a dog, so bad growing up. I grew up on a farm and we didn't have any animals that lived indoors because my brother has terrible animal allergies. On my honeymoon, I even brought up to Matt that one thing I wanted to have for our home was a dog and he agreed. Especially since his family pet, Angel, had passed pretty shortly before we got married. Matts neighbors back at his parents house, knew a woman in Georgia who was taking in abandoned animals and when I saw this tiny little furball who had been the last of his litter to be adopted, I knew he had to be ours! Mavs has been the perfecting piece to our family for almost 8 years now and has been my little buddy thorugh some of the biggest challenges of my adult life. I love him more than I thought I could ever love an animal!

4. Family. This ones a given.

5. Athletics. Even in my injury era, I've found ways to stay active and as I write this, I'm cooresponding with my coach who I get to start working with in just a few weeks!

Is there anything better than spending Friday night on the couch with a sleepy shihtzu?

Comments

Popular Posts